The Grand Budapest Hotel

25 March 2014



We went to watch The Grand Budapest Hotel at the weekend and it was wonderful; truly, perfectly wonderful. I have a horrible habit of falling asleep in cinemas - they're dark, warm, cosy...I work hard, don't judge me! - but I was totally gripped by this film. I was so disappointed when it ended and I realised I wasn't actually in the sumptuous world of the Grand Budapest Hotel itself.

Fast-paced, hilarious, shocking in places and oddly-moving, I adored every minute of this film. I don't want to say anything specific about it because I'm not sure how to without giving things away, and I think it should be seen for itself.

Go and watch it!

Follow this link for a neat little video showing how centering plays a key role in Wes Anderson's films. They are always beautifully, perfectly shot but this takes it to a whole new level!

4 comments

  1. Ahh I can't wait to see this!! xoxo

    www.roseandmuse.blogspot.com
    www.roseandmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must! It's all kinds of wonderful :)

      Delete
  2. Bah I did have a bit of a kip in the middle of the film but woke up and saw the rest of it, t'was fab! Didn't recognise Tilda Swinton at all until I saw her name in the credits. I won't judge you if you don't judge me hehe (I saw it on a work night!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I specifically didn't go on a work night for that very reason - I wouldn't have stood a chance! No judging whatsoever :)

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Happy Go Lucky Cat. Design by FCD.