Things I Love Thursday

13 March 2014

Happy Thursday! Friday's just over the horizon - we can do this, people! Do you have any exciting plans for the weekend? 

Here are a few things that I've loved over the last week...


source
I found this photo on Pinterest and the colours caught my eye straightaway in all their luscious, summery deliciousness. I don't know where the image originally comes from but do let me know if you do.


source
Beachy Head Boat Trip, 1967 - Tony Ray-Jones
Another image from the exhibition we went to last weekend. Aren't your eyes drawn immediately to the couple in the middle, lost in their own world? Then you start to take in the other people around the edges, looking anywhere but at the young couple. I do wonder what they're all looking at, just outside the picture.


source
"I like living. I have sometimes been wildy, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing" - Agatha Christie

I suddenly realised a month or so ago that I'd never read any Agatha Christie novels and I was determined to change that. I borrowed some Miss Marples from my mister's mum and devoured them in a few weeks. They are wonderfully comforting! Thank goodness for long tube journeys to and from work - you can get through a lot of books! I visited my local Oxfam bookshop on Saturday and picked up a couple more, including a Poirot novel for a (slight!) change.


And a few posts from around the magical world of the Internet that I particularly enjoyed, or bookmarked, this week...

♥ The weather definitely seems to be on the up and spring, perhaps even summer (?!), is on its way. Here are 4 easy ways to prep your skin for spring.

♥ This recipe for gluten free mint choc cookies - how tasty do they sound?! I'm not having chocolate until Easter but this has been bookmarked until then...

♥ How to be a happy blogger. Good points to remember when starting a new blog! 

♥ I'm terrible for getting home in the evening, putting my PJs on straightaway and curling up on the sofa until it's time to go to bed. This date night ideas post has some cute options for spending quality time with your other half, without breaking the bank.

What has caught your eye this week?

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Happy Go Lucky Cat. Design by FCD.