Wonderful Wednesday 13

20 July 2016


How wonderful is the sunshine, lovely people who have waited far too long for summer to arrive?! Don't get me wrong, I'm only enjoying it as long as I'm out of the office and not in a suit but it's still glorious. On Tuesday afternoon, our department head surprised the entire office with ice lollies...such a treat and so needed - it was that point in the afternoon, not too long after we'd all got back from lunch when just going inside expended far too much energy and we were starting to reach peak-sleepy. A few ice lollies also counts towards your 4 pints of water each day, right? Totally healthy.

And without further ado, because I really am struggling to focus with all the sunshine going on outside (I actually said "can't brain" to my friend yesterday when I couldn't find the words for "I'm too hot to think") on with the joy...

****

♥ Parks... I do love the little park near my office, particularly so at the moment. Yesterday lunchtime, a few of us went to get iced drinks and took them back to the park, where I hid my pearly white limbs under the shade of a tree and they perched on the edge of the shade to catch some sun. It was wonderful and so difficult to drag ourselves back to the office (thank goodness there were ice lollies to come...) I snapped the wee picture above before we left, my view from under the shade - glorious blue sky and the hint of sunshine. It was wonderful.


♥ Iced tea... Tea lover that I am, I am drinking lots and lots of iced tea this week. Excitedly, I discovered some iced tea that I found during our trip to Germany a few months' ago, which I didn't think I'd be able to find over here. It's not as sweet as some iced teas can be and they have so many delicious flavours, with pomegranate being a particular favourite, closely followed by blueberry. Mmm. The chap in the shop is starting to recognise me now that I keep visiting to stock up on a few bottles every few days.

♥ Birthday-ing... So as I mentioned last week, it was my mister's birthday on Thursday and I have to say that I pulled out all the birthday stops this year, culminating in a trip to the Globe on Friday evening. (Shameless post plug here). I keep thinking about the play and trying to encourage everyone I see to visit the Globe. Honestly, I can't believe it's taken me so long to get there.


♥ Mum catch-ups... On Saturday I went into town to meet up with my mum for lunch and a long-overdue catch up. We grabbed some food straightaway before wandering around the shops for a few hours, and then stopping for tea and cake before heading home. We're all going to Ireland together in August for a family wedding so we were planning that trip and she filled me in on years of family history. I am so excited about this trip!

♥ Orange is the New Black... Incredibly late to this bandwagon but I've been marathoning this over the last few weeks and I'm now on series 4, not too sure what I'll do with my evenings when I finish. I should probably try to make this series last a little longer but I.can't.stop.watching.

♥ Dancing sheep... Yes, you heard me. On Sunday we went to the Lambeth Country Show, which takes place in Brockwell Park each year and is designed to be like a traditional country fair, but with a special South East London vibe. I had never actually been before but was lured by the premise of owls, a petting zoo area and dancing sheep. After a rocky start when I called a sheep a goat (#citygirl), we settled down with some cider in front of a huge van with various named podiums ready for the action. Disappointingly, the generator died about halfway through the show, just as the opening bars of the music started to play so I didn't actually get to see the sheep dance to the music (apparently that makes all the difference...) but we did get to see some impressive sheep run up when called and stand on their wee podiums, and demonstrate their signature moves. Some sheep were slightly more impressive than others... *ahem*


And on that note, I hope you all have a ball today.

:D

♥ Do let me know what's made your week a little rosier by leaving me a comment below (I do love comments!) or dropping me a tweet (I'm @happygoluckycat) or better yet, why not join the fabulous bunch of #WonderfulWednesday bloggers? Pop over to their blogs for a dose of mid-week happiness - SallyMichelleHelenKateJo and Emma - and then join me in counting down the days until the weekend. It's in sight! 

2 comments

  1. What a great week! That iced tea sounds so nice! I got obsessed with Orange Is The New Black but unfortunately in Spain we only have Series 1 & 2 on Netflix. WHYYYYY?! I'm desperate to see more however I was slightly disappointed with series 2...does it get better again?

    I'm so glad I found your Wonderful Wednesday Series along with the other bloggers, it's such a mid week pick me up boost!

    Have a fab week this week,
    Peta x

    www.24hoursintoday.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say definitely definitely keep watching! My problem with Orange is the New Black is that because I've only recently discovered it and I'm marathon-watching it in one chunk, I don't usually realise when one series ends and another begins (apart from thinking, wow that was a really intense episode and then looking back to discover it was a series finale!) Some episodes are definitely better than others but do keep watching if you get a chance, it's getting a little darker in places and I still love getting to know the backstories of so many of the characters.

      Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving such a lovely comment. Glad to hear we've perked up your week! C x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Happy Go Lucky Cat. Design by FCD.