Wonderful Wednesday 25

16 November 2016

Found here

I don't have a lot of introductory waffle this week, folks. Honestly, have been feeling slightly low so it took a little effort to focus on this post. So, without further ado, grab your tipple of choice and on with the cheer!

****

♥ Country Living Christmas Fair... Top of the list of All The Good Things this week is this Christmas Fair that I dragged the mister to on Sunday. My mother in law subscribes to Country Living magazine and I saw this advertised when I was ploughing through some of the recent issues when we last visited and my Christmas-loving heart wouldn't let me forget it. It was held in the Business Design Centre in Islington and there were three whole floors just bursting with Christmas cheer. We tasted some festive treats and partook of a few cheeky gin samples (including an amazing one flavoured with tea) and came away with some delicious salted caramel fudge and a rather fantastic cheese, which I've squirelled away with some port I'm saving for the Christmas period. I picked up some ideas for decorations and a few little treats for us. A lovely few hours were had decking the halls and mulling over (hee!) the festive possibilities.


♥ Quiet Saturdays... This Saturday I had no plans, absolutely nothing to do until meeting the mister and his friend for dinner (and they were out all day). I had a leisurely breakfast (catching up on Wonderful Wednesdays and finishing the last episode of the Crown - sob!), then cleaned to my heart's content before cosying up and starting to make a bumper pre-Christmas to-do list. I'm determined to get more organised this year and not be rushing around desperately the weekend before Christmas...we'll see how that goes.

♥ Bullet journalling... Linking on from the above, I've been enjoying using my bullet journal to get myself organised for the Christmas period. I have a page to jot down Christmas present ideas should they pop into my head (please please do!) and have set out the epic Christmas to-do list across a few pages...with some Christmassy doodlings for good measure.

♥ Serious adulting... *drum roll please* This week I finally paid off my professional loan! It has been the bane of my existence over the last (too many) years and a not so subtle reminder about how much education costs. Finally I should be able to even *gasp* start saving properly?!

♥ Christmas adverts... I may not be the only one to mention this this week but my goodness, have you seen John Lewis' Christmas advert?! Last year's really didn't grab me and I was hoping for something extra special this year, particularly after the year we're all having! They did not disappoint - it has everything a good JL advert should have - chintzy England scenes, cute animals and a heartwarming message. I laughed and bawled through my laughter. Perfect. The M&S advert is also good this year - a very glam Mrs Claus...I've also heard good things about the Waitrose advert but it's supposed to be a real tear jerker so I'm saving it up for when I don't have to be anywhere in particular - I get very blotchy when I cry!

Happiest of Wonderful Wednesdays to you all!

♥ Do let me know what's made your week a little rosier by leaving me a comment below (I do love comments!) or dropping me a tweet (I'm @happygoluckycat) or better yet, why not join the fabulous bunch of #WonderfulWednesday bloggers? Pop over to their blogs for a dose of mid-week happiness - SallyMichelleHelenKateJoEmmaSamanthaKerri, LauraSarahPetaElLauraSarahMimmiJasmin and Martina - and then join me in counting down the days until the weekend. It's in sight! 

8 comments

  1. Wow - that's the mother of all mother's of christmas fairs! Looks GREAT!! Have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh CAT i wish i could give you a huge HUG! This little list just warmed my heart, glad it wasn't just me that shed one too many tears watching the JL Ad - i loved last years and i really didn't think they could top it BUT honestly animals and a trampoline?!? LOVE!

    You can;t go wrong with a Xmas market - i can;t wait for our xmassy trip north to Edinburgh for just that!

    Sending all of the love and the biggest of thanks for joining in xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gin flavoured with tea sounds AMAZING. Your post just made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! I love the JL advert, have you seen the sainsburys one?! James Corden sings the song and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I neeeeed to check out the waitrose one, but I'm such an emotional wreck with these things!
    How you're well, lots of love xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christmas Markets really do bring the cheer don't they? I also really love the John Lewis Advert, it's moving but also funny. Have a great week! S x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh well done you, paying off that loan must have felt like a massive win!! I'm reading A Year of Living Danishly - apparently free education for everyone always, might move to Denmark.
    And Country Living Christmas Fair might be the four greatest words in the English language, I am officially well jel.
    Have a brilliant week
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well isn't ths just the most wonderful of lists? High five for paying off the loan, you are lving proof that I can do it too. Your organisation skills are making me so jealous. My Christmas plans are going to start after placement. That fayre though, oh my goodness all of the festivities in one!
    Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  7. As much as I love doing things on my Saturdays, I do also enjoy the occasional lazy weekend.

    I enjoyed a quiet weekend this weekend and caught up on some cleaning. It makes for a nice start to the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi lovely Cat!!!:) Going to Christmas fairs is something that I adore!!! The atmosphere is super festive, there's always a sweet spicy smell in the air and people smile..heaven!!!
    xxx
    Martina

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Happy Go Lucky Cat. Design by FCD.