Wonderful Wednesday 40

26 July 2017


Wednesday seems to have come around quite quickly this week - am I the only one to think so? I've actually been quite organised as well and started writing this on Sunday, noting down little snippets as I think of them rather than frantically wracking my brain the night before. And on that note, here are my highlights from this week...



****

♥ Another visit to the Harry Potter Studio Tour... I know, I know, it's not really that long ago since I visited it for the first time. You can read my full review here. We have some family visiting from abroad at the moment though and when they suggested a family trip to the studio tour, I couldn't possibly pass it up. Was it just as good this time? Abso-bloody-lutely. I was just as excited knowing what to expect, particularly visiting with people who hadn't been before so that I could see their faces at various parts. Wearing the Ravenclaw t-shirt I'd picked up on my last visit, I watched every video, donned some Ravenclaw robes to pose for a 'have you seen these wizards?' mugshot (perhaps slightly too smilingly but I was very excited) and exclaimed with delight at a bowing Buckbeak. The only thing I didn't partake in this time was the butterbeer - once was definitely too much for that. Once again, if you haven't been yet make sure you add it to your list when you're next in London.


♥ Teeny tiny baby clothes... One of my university friends gave birth to her second child a month ago - a gorgeous boy. I love it when my friends have babies because it gives me the excuse to go shopping for a gift and exclaim over the teeniest little outfits (I'm easily pleased!) I picked up some adorable little leggings covered with foxes, suitable for 0 to 6 months...if only they made them for adults too! Can't wait to see the photos!

♥ Curling up with a scary novel... Not terrifying, mind, but cosily scary. In fact, seasoned horror readers will probably roll their eyes at what is enough to give me the chills. I'm re-reading House of Echoes by Barbara Erskine at the moment - it centres around a woman called Joss Grant, who's an adopted child, who discovers that she's been left the family home - Belheddon - by her birth mother. After moving in with her husband and young son, she discovers that the house is haunted by something dreadful. She hears voices, senses some sort of lurking presence watching her, discovers old diaries revealing that her mother and previous generations were also haunted by this ghostly figure and what's worse, it's a presence which will not tolerate husbands or sons living in the house. It really doesn't matter that I've read it before, it's been a perfect read to curl up in bed with over the course of the last week as the rain has lashed against the windows. Granted, I haven't felt able to venture to the bathroom during the night all week but that's part of the fun, right?!

♥ Rugs, mugs and jugs (oh my!)... On Sunday, the mister and I decided to get the tube to West Hampstead and walk from there to the cinema in Finchley Road where we booked tickets to watch Dunkirk, which was absolutely incredible, definitely go and watch it. Bring tissues though, I stupidly forgot mine. We had a little time to spare before the film started and we decided to pop into Habitat, which had a sale on. I wanted to look at the mugs because we've had a few sad breakages recently and I found the spotty mug of my dreams - perfectly sized and shaped to ensure that you can cosy up with both hands around it, and have a decent amount of tea. Win win. We also spotted a lovely geometric-patterned rug, which was a steal in the sale - a few of our floors are just a little chilly in the winter so I've been keeping my eyes open for rugs for months now. One down, one to go!


♥ Home-made pesto... For perhaps the first time in my life, I've managed to keep a plant alive...even surviving a week alone (in a sink-full of water) when we were on holiday. That plant is a humble little basil plant picked up a few months ago when the supermarket didn't have an individual packet. Over the last few weeks, it's grown to great heights so we decided to pick up some pine nuts this weekend to make up a jar of homemade pesto. It's not something we'd ever tried before but it was surprisingly easy and so satisfying. We had it for dinner on Sunday (with about 3/4 of the jar left over), stirred through some Italian gluten free pasta with a delicious tomato salad on the side. Top tip - use a pestle and mortar rather than a food processor because it helps you to keep track of the texture as you add the basil, otherwise I've read that it can turn into slime before you know it...and no one would find that appetising.


♥ Drumstick Squashies... Now these are ALWAYS appetising. Have you heard of them? They're basically drumstick lollies but without the stick and softer in texture, squishier if you will. All the deliciousness of the drumstick-flavours without the frustrating paper wrapper, which I can never seem to unwrap perfectly. I have to hide them from myself or the pack will have disappeared in about 10 minutes. Give them a go!


♥ Do let me know what's made your week a little rosier by leaving me a comment below or dropping me a tweet (I'm @happygoluckycat) or better yet, why not join the fabulous bunch of #WonderfulWednesday bloggers? Pop over to their blogs for a dose of mid-week happiness - SallyMichelleHelenKateJoSamanthaKerri, LauraSarahPetaElLauraSarahMimmiJasminMartinaLynseyKatieDebbieKelly and Em (I think that's everyone - shout at me if you're not on the list!) - and then join me in counting down the days until the weekend. It's in sight! 

6 comments

  1. I'm off to the HP Studios in October and I can't wait! But until then, I'm going to have a gander at your last post about going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much fun, you're going to love it!

      Delete
  2. Happy Wednesday! I've just stumbled across your blog via Halfway Home so thought I'd say hi. My (late) Wednesday wonderfulness consists of drinks tonight with my oldest gal pals, an impromptu but entertaining night at the pub last night and discovering a delicious roasted cauliflower and carrot salad which sounds grim but which was sensational. Also, those Squashies are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and saying hi! You're right, a roasted cauliflower and carrot salad does sound...intriguing?! But I'll take your word for it that it was sensational. Drinks with oldest gal pals is always good though :)

      Delete
  3. Im so jealous that you've been to the studio tour not once but twice!! I really need to do that, it's been on my bucket list for a little while!

    Congratulations for keeping the basil plant alive! You can't beat home-made pesto. I have a great recipe that uses basil, mint, cashews and pinenuts. Delicious stir through some gnocchi! x

    Lynsey || One More Slice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm sorry! You really must go!

      Ooh that sounds like a delicious recipe - is it on your blog? I'm definitely never having store-bought pesto again, the homemade version is so much better! x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Happy Go Lucky Cat. Design by FCD.