Wonderful Wednesday 42

23 August 2017


Short and sweet again this week unfortunately as I'm hurriedly typing this on Tuesday evening in between the internet cutting out - why on a Tuesday, internet o'mine?! As well as cutting short my Wonderful Wednesday-typing, it's also meant that I haven't had a chance to respond to some recent comments, which I always feel very guilty about. I will do so as soon as I can but without further ado, bring on the snippets of wonderful...


****

♥ Getting excited for Autumn... I know I know, August isn't even over yet and we've still been having some surprisingly warm and sunny days amongst the cold and rain. But it is feeling a little chiller at night and that makes me feel happy every year - despite being a summer baby, I am without a doubt a lover of the cold and crisp over the sun. I'm already looking forward to embracing my dresses, tights and boots, and digging out my scarf again.

♥ Long overdue catch-ups... Life really does get in the way sometimes and not always in the best way. We went out for dinner with one of my friends and her boyfriend on Saturday night - I don't think I've seen H since last year and her boyfriend since our wedding, almost two years ago. How does that even happen? It doesn't feel like that much time has passed. It was such a fun evening - lots to catch up on, unsurprisingly, and a lot of laughing, which is always the sign of a good night...that and curry. Yum.

♥ Quiet weekends... Apart from our dinner plans on Saturday night, I had nothing else planned for this weekend and it was bliss. I do enjoy having visitors but it's also so wonderful having the place to yourself again afterwards, and on top of our visitor last week was hugely busy at work - I kept feeling like the week just wasn't long enough, which is something that I never usually think...usually quite the reverse. On Saturday I cleaned cleaned cleaned, did two loads of laundry and changed the bedsheets, which left the rest of the weekend stretching in front of me with nothing else planned apart from catching up with some blog reading, my book and occasionally foraging for food. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

♥ Instagram... I know it's frustrating, with the algorithm throwing everything on its head meaning that you don't see things half the time and your posts aren't seen the other half of the time, but I'm really enjoying snapping photos to share at the moment and browsing lots of lovely photos on my feed. I'm trying to be a little more creative with the photos I share, with my usual rambly comment accompanying it, and loving all the imaginative pictures that other people share - my favourites are usually a good mix of the creative with the every day, country life inspiration and dogs. Do let me know if you have any favourites to recommend and send me a link to your feed too!

♥ Sunday me-times... If you follow me on Instagram, you'll know that I tried to engage in a spot of meditation on Sunday morning. This is something that I keep coming back to but also completely struggle with as I just can't . turn . my . brain . off. I try ever so hard to focus on the words but then before long, I'm thinking about something entirely unrelated and my brain has gone off on a whole new tangent before I drag myself back again and focus. I do keep coming back to it though because when I am able to concentrate, I find it very helpful and relaxing, and it was a really calming and peaceful start to my Sunday. I also got a few messages reassuring me that I'm really not the only one whose brain does that and it's the 'coming back to it' that counts. 

And then, what better way to round-off a relaxing Sunday that began with a spot of meditation? Why, with a little face mask time, of course. I slathered a lovely nourishing and moisturising oat and avocado face mask on for 20 minutes while packing my bag for the next day and doing a spot of tidying in the kitchen. Somehow it felt so much more relaxing than just doing the same tasks and rushing to bed 10 minutes later, and my skin was wonderfully soft afterwards too. It's something I always say to myself I should find a little bit of time once a week to do but I never usually manage it. Make some time for yourselves on a Sunday, my lovelies, it's a wonderful way of easing you back into the working week...


♥ Do let me know what's made your week a little rosier by leaving me a comment below or dropping me a tweet (I'm @happygoluckycat) or better yet, why not join the fabulous bunch of #WonderfulWednesday bloggers? Pop over to their blogs for a dose of mid-week happiness - SallyMichelleHelenKateJoSamanthaKerri, LauraSarahPetaElLauraSarahMimmiMartinaLynseyKatieDebbieKelly and Em (I think that's everyone - shout at me if you're not on the list!) - and then join me in counting down the days until the weekend. It's in sight! 

12 comments

  1. Autumn is one of my favourite times of the year - going to school/college/uni for so long it always feels like a new start for me. BUT I am trying to cling onto summer for as long as I can - I'm not ready to give up the warm days!

    Your Instagram has been ON POINT recently. Im so lazy with it, I need to get back on it!

    Enjoy the rest of your week lovely one xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thank you so much, that's really kind of you. It's hard not to feel disappointed with engagement so down on it but I know everyone's saying that and I'm still enjoying taking photos and engaging with all my favourites, so I suppose that's what it's all about. I always adore your photos too xxx

      Delete
  2. I am definitely ready for Autumn! I'm ready for jumpers and darker nights.

    I haven't been on Instagram much lately, I've been taking a good long break and looking forward to getting back to all things blog and such in September. I finally feel ready to get back out there into the internet-world haha. I do love your Instagram though, it's very pleasing to the eye!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have missed your posts but I can completely understand the need for a break so that you can get back into it fully-refreshed and with heaps of ideas.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely list of happiness Cat! :) It sounds like you've had such a nice week. A catch up with friends is ever so good for the soul isn't it. I try and pop a facemask on and a hairmask on on Sundays, it really feels like I'm doing something special for me, even if only for 10 mins!

    With meditation, it's all about the coming back once you've realised you've wandered off for a bit. Well done for managing to get back!
    Wishing you the loveliest rest of the week
    Peta x
    www.pe-ta.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peta! I completely agree, even 10 minutes me-time makes all the difference. I'm definitely going to make it into a weekly routine x

      Delete
  4. I cannot WAIT until Autumn, literally picking out outfits ready here and stalking ALL the new collections in the shops currently (just window shopping sadly! hehe) Your meditation Sundays sound fantastic. I find meditation so wonderful, but rarely remember to do it, why is that always the way? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know exactly what you mean but I think that even an occasional spot of mediation makes a difference, feeling pressured to do anything cannot be a good idea! x

      Delete
  5. YES to Autumn: trench coats, berets, ankle boots, crunchy leaves, fireworks, Halloween - what's not to love? Bring it on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abso-bloody-lutely - bring on all of those things right now!

      Delete
  6. I love long quiet weekends - sometimes we get so involved in keeping up appearances and not missing out on things that we forget this. I hope you manage to enjoy this bank holiday weekend too, especially as it is looking a bit sunnier!
    xx
    https://morethanabitocd.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. I completely agree, it can be so important to take some time to just breathe and rest. It's a gorgeous bank holiday weekend isn't it?! How often does that happen?! Hope you're having a lovely long weekend too xx

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Happy Go Lucky Cat. Design by FCD.