Wonderful Wednesday 44

10 January 2018


This was my post-yoga breakfast on Saturday morning and what a treat it was! The first Saturday morning of the year after the first week back at work - the sun was streaming through the windows and the radio was tuned to Huey Morgan on 6 Music. Now that's the way to start a day! Here are some more of this week's highlights...

****

♥ A New Year's tidy... I'm not a person who tidies away Christmas as soon as the clock strikes midnight on 31st December. I need the cosy twinkling of the Christmas tree to ease me into the first few days of a new year and the first few days back in the office. By the time Friday evening came around though, the branches on our tree were drooping sadly and it felt like the right time to pack everything away. I feel as if the house hasn't looked this tidy in weeks, full of space and light (when it hasn't been blowing a gale outside), and I feel very happy and positive about the year ahead.

♥ Studio Ghibli season at the Prince Charles Cinema... Non-London folk, have you heard of the Prince Charles Cinema? It's a fantastic cinema in Leicester Square (usually an area to be avoided at all costs), which as well as showing some current releases mostly shows classic and cult movies. Fancy singing along to the Sound of Music or bitching along to Mean Girls? You can do that there! At the moment there's a Studio Ghibli season on and on Sunday we went to watch Nausicaa, which is one of my husband's favourites and it was wooonderful. Hoping for Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke and Whisper of the Heart, which holds a special place in my heart as it's the first manga I read entirely in Japanese! (Years ago, doubt I could do that now.)

♥ Yoga... As part of the whole, being a bit kinder to myself plan this year, I signed up to Yoga with Adriene's True 30 day yoga programme for January. I thought that it would encourage me to take some time for myself each day when I'm not doing something else at the same time or dwelling on things I should be doing. 8 days in and I'm absolutely loving it. I'm not going to lie, coming home from work on Monday evening and the thought of getting onto the mat before having dinner was almost too much to bear but I did it and felt so good for having done it. And at the weekend, when I did the day's routine first thing in the morning, I think I realised for the very first time why people actually enjoy exercise (ha!) and the happiness lasted all day. Sam, Kelly and I are cheering each other on on Twitter and I owe it to those ladies for keeping me motivated during the week. Is anyone else taking part?

♥ Veggie meal planning...My husband and I have talked about trying to cut down on the amount of meat we eat for a while now. We've slowly been working our way through the stockpile in the freezer over the last few weeks and when I ordered our food shop last night, it was entirely meat-free and we've lined up some new veggie recipes to try over the course of the weeks to come, which I'm really excited about. If you have any favourite vegetarian recipes, please send them this way.

♥ Friends on Netflix... Could I be any happier? I think it says a lot about today's day and age (or perhaps just me?!) that I'm excited about this despite already having the boxset on DVD but it's just so much easier to marathon-watch them on Netflix than to have to keep switching the discs over. Oh God, I've just read that back to myself. I'm so ashamed. Not really. How you doin'?

And just like that, a sprinkling of wonderful on this fine Wednesday. It's been a while but it's good to look for the snippets of light, particularly in dark January - when are the mornings going to get lighter again?!

♥ Do let me know what's made your week a little rosier by leaving me a comment below or dropping me a tweet (I'm @happygoluckycat) or better yet, why not join the fabulous bunch of #WonderfulWednesday bloggers? Pop over to their blogs for a dose of mid-week happiness - SallyMichelleHelenKateJo, SamKerri, LauraSarahPetaElLauraMimmiMartinaLynseyKatie and Em (I think that's everyone - shout at me if you're not on the list!) - and then join me in counting down the days until the weekend. It's in sight! 

4 comments

  1. I can only do yoga in the morning - I'm toooo sleeeepy at night :) Fave veggie recipe? Prob THIS mexican feast - we eat it all the time - having it tonight in fact! https://roastchickenandacountrywalk.com/2017/06/03/black-bean-and-sweetcorn-tortillas/ :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels so great to do it first thing in the morning but there's just not enough time during the week unfortunately...makes it extra special during the weekend though! And thanks for the recipe, I'll be adding it to the list as it sounds amazing!

      Delete
  2. Oh Cat what a beautiful list of happiness. I am loving Friends on Netflix at the moment, it's so nice having it on in the background isn't it! I'm also a big New Girl fan for that too.

    I've been doing Yoga With Adriene's videos too, I adore her and it feels so good to be back on the mat.

    I hope you have a lovely rest of your week
    Peta x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh it's been ages since I watched New Girl, might have to track it down! :) x

      Delete

Latest Instagrams

© Happy Go Lucky Cat. Design by FCD.